Monday, August 15, 2011

Achieving My Dream As An Author

About 4 years ago, my husband convinced me I should publish the kind of books I like to read. I thought he was crazy at first, but he was on to something.

I've published 3 paperbacks and 3 ebook short stories. I've endured a publisher that didn't keep good records and give me monthly statements without me asking, and an ebook publisher that vanished like Houdini. I also found a great publisher who provides a wonderful home for my books.

I've had the chance to edit for new authors as well as do publicist duties for authors. I realized I prefer the creative space of writing and using the talent God gave me.

Writing has given me a chance to let my readers enjoy literature as much as I do. I've learned so much about business and how to manage the creative side as well.

The literary world is not for the timid, the weak, or those with thin skin. But then and again, going after your dreams involves risk, determination, and ability to endure rejection.

Today's challenge: Go for your dreams as if rejection could not be a factor.

Follow me on Twitter @tgrantlifecoach
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment